ï»¿Everything You Want to Know About White Rann
A desert by definition, for those who value the beauty of culture,Â Rann of KutchÂ is a vast ocean of cultural beauty. With a glorious past captured in its traditions, this is a culture that not only preserves its essence but also celebrates it.Â Its area is about 7505.22 sq km(2897.78 sq.mi) in size and it is reputed to be one of the largest salt deserts in the world.Â The beautifulÂ RANN UTSAVÂ was started from 2001 by our respected prime minister by influencing the tourism sector. Every day about 1000 people visitsÂ this beautiful place.
THERE IS NO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE FOR WHITE RANN SO ONE HAS TO HIRE CAR IF HE WANTS TO VISIT THE PLACE.
Attraction and Activities
Some of the main attractions are handicraft, huge food market cultural program near white rann gate(Check post) opposite toran resort.
Here the activities like paragliding,bike riding, and a library completely filled with knowledge.
The border is about 70 km away from the India Bridge.Â One has to seek permission from BSF office (Bhuj) which takes time of 2-3 days approx.
Documents required for seeking permission are
Photo id (either adhar card or election card)
Some Useful Advises
- To carry either BSNL Sim or Vodafone Sim with you because all the other communication companies fail to provide services over there.
- It is advisable to hire an SUV car if one wants to visit the border area.
- It is advisable to carry a first aid kit because there are no medical facilities provided at white rann.
- There are no tents or huts at white rann.
Some Safety Measures
- There is no fear of thieves or bandits while traveling on the road one can easily travel from Bhuj to white rann or kalo dungar in either daytime or night time.
- While traveling at night one has to strictly take care of the black buffaloes that are present over the road this is the main source of accidents that take place.
- In case of any injuries to the buffalo, the amount would be paid by the traveler and the cost of one buffalo starts from Rs one lakh.
Special Facts About White Rann
- The period between November to February is comfortable for tourists because its winter time and the salt is spread properly.
- On full moon day when the light of the moon falls on the white sand, it sparkles like a priceless diamond.
- Â After March it becomes difficult to live here due to summer season tornado forms which set the normal sand on the white sand and due to this one cannot see the white salt.
- In the summer season, the temperature even reaches 45 degrees which are not comfortable for sustaining life.
- Again in November to December as the shape of a desert is like a soccer the water of the ocean and the water of monsoon gathers here but cannot escape and as a result, it evaporates and again a beautiful layer of salt is formed.
- People enjoy here because they get a break from there monotonous life and they get a better traditional atmosphere then city life.
- A hut is prepared from clay and cow dung and the roofs are covered with grass.
- In the route of a bhirindiyari village to white rann, there are many home stayÂ hotels, here persons would provide you the services in pure traditional clothes and the food provided here is only Kutchi traditional food like Bajara na rotla, Makhan,Â lasan ni cahatni, ringna - bateka nu shak, dal-bhaat.
- In this area, one cannot have any other type of food.
- If one needs the three-star or five-star service then he can make his stay at tent city that covers 400 tents.
- Â Tent city price is from Rs. 13000 to Rs. 24000 whereas,the home stay hotel prices are from Rs. 4000 to Rs. 6000.
ACTIVITIES AT TENT CITY
HIGH ROPE COURSE - One level
HIGH ROPE COURSE- All Levels
TOTAL PER PERSON
ALL ACTIVITY PACKAGE
Rs. 1500 (Inclusive of taxes)
- All above activities unlimited usage for the day of issue of the band.
- Activities can be availed on first come first served basis.
- You may book your preferred timing on any available slot.
- Booked slot can be used to avail activity only once. Should you desire to avail the activity (is) again, you will have to book yourself for the timing slot again.
- Please report at least 10 mins in advance of your booked slot(s).
If any activity is non-operational due to maintenance reasons, the same can be availed on a subsequent date, provided the slot is available.